My take on Monsignor Lynn

Monsignor William Lynn will be back in court this morning.

He has a date with the judge who sentenced him to three to six years in prison after he became the only high-ranking church official in the U.S. to be convicted of endangering children in connection with the priest child sexual abuse scandal. That conviction has since been overturned. Last week Judge M. Teresa Sarmina granted Monsignor Lynn bail, but she also indicated she wanted him to appear before her to review the conditions of bail. That will happen this morning.

I am using my print column today to discuss my thoughts on the monsignor, and why I believe the recent court rulings were the right thing to do, even while I remain deeply troubled about the way both he and the archdiocese handled this saga.

You can read it here.

Comments