A balmy day, then a quick plunge back to winter

One day last week I gritted my teeth and shivered as I settled into the driver's seat for the ride to work and was greeted by a dashboard thermometer that read 9 degrees.

It would get worse. I was not far into the drive when the reading started dropping. It finally bottomed out at single, measly 1 degree. It's the first time in my life I've ever seen a reading that low in the car.

This morning I knew things had changed the second I opened the front door.

It felt absolutely balmy.

When I got in the car, the gauge told me it was exactly 58 degrees warmer than that point just last week.

Yes, it was drizzling. Yes, there was some very thick fog on the ride to work. Be careful about that.

But I will take it.

Unfortunately, it's not going to last long.

We will have some heavy rain this afternoon, as temperatures climb into the 60s.

But if you're headed for that Eagles playoff game tomorrow, better be prepared for a little bit of everything along the way.

They are talking about temperatures going off a cliff literally during the game. You tailgate may start mild, but could end up freezing.

Temperatures are expected to drop as much as 30 degrees during the day tomorrow, cooling off just in time for those Dome-folks from Atlanta to take the field against the Birds.

Get all the details on the forecast here.

Comments