'Super' week brings with it 'Super' hype

Let the hype begin.

Have you heard, they are playing a football game next Sunday in Minneapolis.

And the Eagles are playing in it.

I think it's called the Super Bowl.

That means for the next week all news will cease. There will be only Eagles.

All Eagles, all the time.

Don't believe it?

Yesterday we treated with "Breaking News" coverage of the Eagles taking off from Philadelphia International Airport. Of course, what goes up must come down, so we also got exclusive coverage of the first "touchdown" of the week. Yes, that would be the Eagles landing in Minneapolis. So far no coverage of which Eagle was first to use the facilities, thank God.

Look, I'm as big a fan as you will find.

But I'm a fan of the game. I can live without a lot of the hoopla that surrounds it.

And to be honest, if I never hear "Fly, Eagles Fly" or another full-throated E-A-G-L-E-S chant again, I would survive just fine. We will be as guilty as anyone, looking to take advantage of all this Eagles fever.

We're running a gallery of pets all decked out in their best Eagles gear on our website and also featuring them on Page Two all week.

We will be running more Eagles keepsake pages all week, starting Tuesday with another page to honor local hero Nick Foles. I just wish we could fast-forward and play the damn game.

In fact, I will go a little farther than that. I'm not sure all this hype - in part because we so rarely ever find ourselves in this position - does not play a part in the fact that we usually do not fare all that well in these big games.

I can't wait for the game. But I could live without the week leading up to it.

Comments