Summer remains a rumor

Summer remains a rumor.

The rain, unfortunately, does not.

And the forecasters aren't helping matters much.

Was it just me or did they get things reversed for the weekend. They said it was going to be rain on and off all day Saturday and then clearing Sunday. Turned out to be just the opposite.

That does not make what we got yesterday any better.

I retreated to my covered patio as the raindrops fell, my attention split between the Sunday paper and the Phillies game on the radio.

Eventually I even gave up that post.

I was actually cold - on June 10th!

If you know me, you know I like it hot and humid.

I'm still waiting.

It poured most of the afternoon, and of course I had to scramble to clear the gutters as the water gushed over them along the front porch. Managed to get drenched in the process.

This morning's rush hour is not going to be a lot better.

There is a flash flood warning in effect for much of the region and there is a ton of water on the roads.

The eastbound Schuylkill Expressway was shut down between the Blue Route and Belmont. If you're headed into the city, you might want to consider another route. There were stories of people spending several hours stranded on the Schuylkill as the flood waters rose.

You can get the full forecast here.

Comments