It's back to Focus on Delco on Page 2 - and we need your help

Sunday marks Jan. 6, the Epiphany or Feast of the Three Kings.

It is usually considered the formal end of the Christmas and New Year's holiday season.

It also marks the end of the line for our wildly popular Page Two feature, Homes for the Holidays.

Every day from Thanksgiving through Jan. 6, we have featured a Delaware County home all dressed up in its holiday finery. To be honest, the feature took on special meaning a few weeks ago.

It was my Associate Editor Bob Tennant who first approached me with the idea of running photos of local houses decorated for Christmas. We had the perfect spot for it since we run a local feature photo on Page 2 every day.

I will forever be indebted to Bob for his idea. We lost Bob a few weeks ago. I will keep doing Homes for the Holidays in his memory. Our last house will appear Sunday.

That leaves me with another problem.

At one time, we actually had our staff photographers roam the county and snap pictures of holiday homes. But since photographers are a fairly rare commodity around here these days, I opened it up for readers to submit their own pix. As usual, we were inundated. I only wish I could have gotten them all into print. Many of those that did not hit print appeared in our online gallery.

On Monday we will revert to our normal Page 2 feature, Focus on Delco. And once again I am asking readers to take part and snap pictures of interesting scenes, pets or whatever strikes your eye.

Email you photos to editor@delcotimes.com. Please take note of the space we use on Page 2. Obviously horizontal photos work best. Turn those iPhones around.

See you on Page 2!

Comments