A New Year's resolution: Let' s fix Route 352

I've never been much for New Year's resolutions.

I don't go to gyms. If I want to exercise, I prefer to simply go out for a walk. Treadmill? No thanks. Peloton? Yeah, right, that's happening real soon.

I'm not going to give up things I should not eat. No potato chip bag is safe with me around. And I will continue to devour the remains of the holiday cookies.

So instead this new year I am going to resolve to do something else - or at least do my part to try to get it done.

Every day I travel Route 352 between Granite Run out and West Chester Pike. If there is a road in worse shape in Delaware County, I have not yet encountered it.

Yes, the repaved that stretch from the Route 1 Bypass to Boscov's as part of the renaissance of the old mall into the Promenade at Granite Run.

Then - for some reason that remains a mystery - they stopped.

The rest of Route 352 - Middletown Road - is a disaster. And no place is worse than the intersection of Route 352 and Route 452. There is no good way to travel through this area, you just sort hold tight to the steering wheel and hope all the jostling doesn't loosen any fillings, let alone take out a tire.

It doesn't get any better as you motor along. It seems like every day there is a new monster pothole to avoid.

I am guessing this is a state road and does not fall under the auspices of Middletown or Edgmont townships.

Regardless, my mission for 2020 is to get this road fixed - hopefully before I disappear forever into one of these gaping potholes.

Comments