Yes, I am pulling for Andy Reid, and I'm glad Jadeveon Clowney is out

Andy Reid is in.

Jadeveon Clowney is out.

Not a bad sports weekend, considering the fact that most of the Delaware Valley is still in mourning over our beloved Eagles.

I have to admit I was worried about Reid. His Chiefs were down 24-0 in the 1st quarter before staging a titanic rally, scoring 40 unanswered points to blitz the Texans, 51-31.

Reid was aided by some questionable coaching decisions by Texans head man Bill O'Brien, including a bizarre fake punt while up 24-7 that opened the door for the Chiefs' comeback.

In the meantime, Clowney was racking up three penalties, yes, including one for pulling a player down by his helmet.

Still, it struck me as odd that the TV crew still neglected to talk about last week's questionable hit that knocked Eagles starting QB out of the game.

Yes, I was among those chortling when Reid went down 24-0.

But at this point I am pulling for Big Red to go ahead and win a Super Bowl ring.

The Chiefs now face the Titans for the AFC crown - and a spot in the Super Bowl - next week.

Comments