Baby, it's cold out there

Go ahead. Feel free to pull the covers over your head and stay there.

Take it from someone who has already ventured out.

They're not joking. It's cold out there, just 19 degrees when I slid behind the wheel for the ride into the office.

The good news?

I have two versions.

First, we basically have to get through today before it starts to moderate again.

Second, at least it's not snow.

So far this has been my kind of winter.

Don't get me wrong. I still hate cold weather. My golf clubs are still pining for attention in the basement. But I'll take this over snow any day.

My idea of a snow storm? Saturday would work for me. Just enough for a dusting to coat the ground, but not stick on the streets to make things dicey on the roads.

I was on the road Saturday, headed to D.C. to see my twin grandchildren.

It started snowing just as we left the house, then stopped as we approached I-95, then picked up again near Baltimore. It didn't affect the drive at all.

Just the way I like it.

Now it can warm up anytime it likes.

Comments