A fitting farewell to a gentleman political leader

In this job, I'm not supposed to play favorites.

Don't believe it.

Especially today.

My critics will tell you that I have leaned to the left for years - and taken the Daily Times with me. These social media warriors usually flood our website, Twitter and Facebook to rage against what they perceive as my inability to simply report, to not take sides, and for the liberal spin they insist I have placed on the paper during my more than two decades in the editor's chair.

Today they just might be right.

Today I am playing favorites.

Today I offer a final salute to one of my favorite people in Delco politics.

You might say Tom Judge Sr. was old school.

Me? I'll just say he was a good, decent man.

Of course, as usual, I have a slightly bigger megaphone than most people.

It's on today's editorial page.

Comments