I'm still alive

Yes, I'm still here.

But I have to tell you this is a little different experience.

First, I had to get used to not staring at my laptop 24 hours a day.

I can't tell you how nice it was to simply enjoy a glass of wine and a Saturday night dinner without the pressing need to jump on the damn laptop.

Don't believe me? Ask my wife.

Then there is the matter of sleep.

Ahhhhhhh!!!!!

Sleeping in is without question the best part of this new life, especially someone who got up every day at 4 a.m. Don't ask. It's a long story.

At this point I'm not sure how often I am going to write. But I will be around.

See you in The Heron's Nest.

Comments

Ed said…
Look at all the money you will save on gas! You can use that for more wine. Glad you are still writing your column, look forward to reading them.
ldubindubc said…
Phil,
My last day was 4/29/11. On 5/1/11 'we got Bin Laden' I remember thinking OMG I have to go post this and then remembering I didn't and going to bed happy.
Ldub
Chris Parker said…
Hi Phil,
Glad you're still connected. I feel the best part of retirement is not constantly rushing. Sleeping in, then a cup of coffee with the paper is the best! Enjoy! You deserve it.
Stefan Roots said…
Please step away from the keyboard. The minimum daily requirement has disappeared. Take another walk