What time do the locusts get here?

Well, I guess we can expect the locusts any minute now.

That kind of explains the last 24 hours on the weather front. Just what we did not need in the midst of a coronavirus pandemic was for Mother Nature to go haywire.

That's what I was thinking to myself as I bolted upright in bed about 2 a.m. to the sound of hail clanging off the siding on the house. It didn't last long, but it was furious, accompanied by howling winds, thunder and lightning.

It was a bizarre 24 hours. A nice afternoon, with enough sunshine to lure me out of the house, was followed by what seemed like a tranquil night.

Just before I climbed into bed, I glanced out the window - and was immediately lured outside again.

Did you see it. I actually forced my wife out onto the front porch to gaze up at a gorgeous full moon. They are calling it a "super pink moon.'

Things went downhill from there.

The rain, thunder and lightning - and even some hail - arrived right on cue, as if this was a mid-summer August night, not the first few weeks of spring.

Well, I guess if we've all been knocked off our schedules, why should we expect Mother Nature to be any different?

The showers are expected to linger this morning, before things clear off and temperatures zoom into the mid-70s this afternoon.

Comments