We're having a heat wave

Now this is more like it. Call me a masochist if you must, but I actually enjoy this weather.

I spent much of the weekend camped on my screened-in porch, the air enveloping me thicker than pea soup.

I can hardly wait to get home tonight so I can set up camp again, cool beverage in my hand, and the constant drone of all those air conditioners humming in the background. The only thing better would be if there was a Phillies game on the radio. They’re off tonight.

We’re looking at maybe two more days of our first heat wave of the summer. Actually, summer doesn’t even arrive until June 20. Don’t tell that to the weatherman.

The truth is that it’s dangerous out there. We’re under an excessive heat warning, and we’re being urged to limit outdoor activity during peak heat hours.

That didn’t stop all those folks from taking part in the bike race yesterday in Philadelphia. Even I’m not that insane.

Schools are starting to be affected, with some districts in the area closing and others offering early dismissals.

Some residents at a nursing facility in Haverford were evacuated last night when air-conditioning at the facility failed.

In the meantime, if you’re looking for me, you know where I’ll be. Yep, sitting in a pool of sweat while enjoying the great (and steamy) outdoors.

I could take another three months of this.

Comments