A blue streak for 2009

So much for resolutions.

Every year I make the same one, and every year it goes up in flames hours into the new year.

My goal? I want to curse less. Oh, I’m usually pretty good in public. In fact, I’m on my best behavior. But little things have a tendency to drive me over the edge, with a resultant blue streak emanating from my mouth.

I should be better than that, and I will vow to work on it in 2009.

Unfortunately, I also work at a newspaper, and I find myself up to my neck each day in technology. It gets a bit more complicated every day, juggling between print and online work. What used to be a single deadline each day now is a never-ending series of races to get information to our readers online.

Sometimes I feel like roadkill on the information superhighway.

And when the technology we depend on to pull off these daily miracles – both online and in print – act up, well, let’s just say I can make a sailor blush.

This morning for whatever reason I could not get a story I wanted to post to display properly on our Web site. You’d have thought the world was ending.

I vow to do better this year.

Maybe I’ll start tomorrow.

Comments