Driving for show, ripping off for dough?

I’ve never been much of a country club guy.

My golfing (in those increasingly rare times when I actually get a chance to get out) is done strictly on public links.

So I was a bit amused yesterday when the state attorney general announced the arrest of five people in connection with a series of car break-ins. They apparently targeted cars in the parking lots of some swanky country clubs.

The list would include Aronimink Country Club in Newtown Square. You don’t get much more exclusive than that in this area. Other country clubs in the county that were hit were Concord and Edgmont Country Clubs.

But the thieves were not beyond hitting a few public courses as well. Paxon Hollow Country Club in Marple was a victim. As was Loch Nairn out in Chester County.

Hell, I’ve even soiled the turf at those two places.

But I had to chuckle at the thought of the fine folks at Aronimink being lumped in with the hackers at some of the area’s “munis.”

It’s enough to get your argyle sweater in a bunch.

Comments