All wet

When did we move to Seattle?

If my eyes don’t deceive me, I think it may have stopped raining. It’s still cloudy, but at least it’s not wet. There is even a rumor that the sun might make an appearance this afternoon.

I’ll believe it when I see it. That’s because I haven’t seen it yet in May. That’s right, it has rained every day – six of them so far - we’ve recorded in May.

And guess what? There is a chance of showers tonight, as well as Thursday through Saturday. The forecast calls for it to finally clear out on Sunday. Happy Mother’s Day!

Which will make the following sentence all the more galling. The experts tell us rainfall still remains below average. They say we’re down about
3 inches so far this year.

Can the annual summer drought warnings be far off?

Looking for a silver lining to all these clouds? Some experts believe our wet spring will extend the color and foliage of some flowering plants.

Yeah, I’m underwhelmed, too.

Which brings me back to my constant complaint about the weather here in the Mid-Atlantic region.

Somehow I don’t think the Chamber of Commerce or Tourist Boards are lining up to adopt my suggested advertising campaign:

“Welcome to Pennsylvania. World’s Worst Weather, 365 Days a Year.”

Comments