'Idol' chatter


The sun came up this morning.

This despite the fact that Adam Lambert did not win “American Idol.”

Kris Allen did.

That’s all I can tell you about it. I have yet to actually watch a single episode of America’s favorite TV show.

What can I tell you? I’m not a big TV guy, and I have zero desire to watch people be humiliated, the price of their 15 minutes of fame, which is all too often the backbone of this meat grinder as they chew up and spit out contestants on their way to an elite group of finalists.

All I know is that every time I heard a clip on the news of Lambert singing, it sounded like screeching to me. But then again, what do I know, I still prefer classic rock.

I can admit to being something of a hypocrite about all this. You might notice there is a “teaser” on the front page of our print edition hailing the surprise win by Allen. You also will find complete coverage by clicking on the Entertainment tab on our Web site.

I said I didn’t care for ‘Idol.” I didn’t say I don’t realize that people can’t get enough of it.

I don’t know if they want to read about it as much as they want to watch it, but I’m not foolish enough to ignore it. Except when it comes to my own viewing habits.

Comments