Life's a Beach

I’m back – and I brought the heat with me. Feel free to blame me for today's heat and humidity. I will admit it - I love this kind of weather. In fact, I've been waiting for it all summer. So don't expect me to grouse about how hot it is today.

That doesn't mean I won't fathom a guess as to whether it's the heat or the humidity, so long as we get lots of both.

In the meantime, I am happy to report that Rehoboth Beach is just as lovely – and just as expensive – as ever.

Or course the quaint little town I knew as a kid is long gone, but I still love the place.

And yes, in case you were wondering, the first place I headed once I hit town was Grotto Pizza for a slice.

And I am still in the market for answers to a couple of my favorite Rehoboth questions.

For one, why is it exactly that a single slice always tastes better than a full pie? And why is it that the slice at the beach tastes better than a slice in Newark, Del. Maybe it’s the salt air?

And when I figure that out I’ll get around to the mystery of what exactly does give Grotto that “legendary taste.”

All I know is that I love it. And can’t wait to get back again.

Comments