The dreaded Saturday Eagles pick

I have a bad feeling about this game. Which some fans no doubt will rejoice at, since the Birds seem intent on confounding this humble prognosticator.


The last time the Eagles flew to the West Coast, they should have saved the air fare, offering their worst performance of the year in losing to the hapless Raiders.


This time they’re off to sunny San Diego. We know this: They won’t play as bad as they did in Oakland.


But will they play well enough to win? I don’t think so.


This is a banged-up team, especially on defense. That does not bode well against Philip Rivers and one of the league’s best tight ends, Antonio Gates.


What the Eagles need to do is control the ball, and keep Rivers and his mates off the field. Unfortunately, that’s not the Eagles forte. They’re a quick-strike outfit.


That sounds like a shootout to me. And I like the Chargers chances in that kind of game.


Make it Chargers 26, Eagles 24.

Last Week: The bad Eagles showed up again in a lousy effort in prime time against the Cowboys.

Season Record: 4-4, I'm perfectly mediocre, kind of like the Eagles. OK, they’re actually a game better than I am at 5-3.

Comments