Snow Job

The region returns to work this morning after a winter wonderland of a weekend. At least some of us do. There are some schools closed in the county. All public and parochial schools are closed in Philadelphia.

You undoubtedly will hear about treacherous patches of so-called “black ice” dotting the region. I must have missed them. I sailed in this morning with nary a problem.

As usual, my challenge most of the weekend was simply getting out of the driveway after being plowed in.

I tried to stay on top of the snow as it piled up on Saturday, clearing the drive several times during the day.

But there is simply no way to attack that wall of snow at the end of the driveway – courtesy of the friendly snow plow driver – until it’s all said and done.

Sunday morning I went out and dug my path back out to civilization.

I will for the most part forgo complaining about the way TV and to a lesser extent radio handle the weather, in particular snow. It is what it is, and it’s not going to change. Weather equals ratings on TV, so let the hype – and the flakes – fall.

But when I find a patch of “black ice” I’ll let you know.

How many days until spring?

Comments