The sad saga of Tiger Woods

Tiger Woods has become that multi-car collision you drive past on the highway. Every day I try to look away. And every day I fail, instead I gaze at the smashed cars, the emergency responders. I can’t look away.

Tiger will be back in the headlines today, just as he has every day since Thanksgiving.

You now need a calculator to keep track of the women claiming to have had affairs with the best golfer in the world.

Now we’re hearing reports of people being taken from his mansion on a stretcher.

It’s come to this. I’m startign to feel bad for Tiger Woods.

At first I thought all this would eventually blow over, that Tiger would simply go back to work, get back on the golf course and once again dominate.

Now I’m not so sure.

How he managed to get himself in this position is almost beyond belief.
At least for me.

Tiger needs help. I hope he’s not banking on the media to go away.

There is blood in the water. Tiger’s blood. He’s the buzz du jour. How he is going to extricate himself from this mess I do not know.

I don’t even think Tiger realizes just how much his life has changed. He will never be looked at the same way again.

His most ardent fans, me among them, likely will not ever view his accomplishments – on or off the course – in the same light.

Tiger Woods seemed to have the perfect life. The No. 1 athlete on the face of the Earth, one of the most recognizable faces on the planet, has been reduced to this:

David Letterman is now making jokes about Tiger Woods.

It’s no longer funny. I’m not even sure it’s still news. It’s just sad.

Comments