How 'bout dem Cowboys!

So much for the vaunted Cowboys.

Yes, I can admit that I thoroughly enjoyed the dismanting of Dallas this weekend by Brett Favre and the Minnesota Vikings.

But there was one thing missing for much of the game. As the rout was on in the second half, I kept waiting for Fox to give me one of those shots of Cowboys’ owner Jerry Jones that they like to shove down our throats when the ‘Boys are winning.

I noticed that Jones was conspicuously absent from my screen as Tony Romo et al reverted to their normal blundering playoff modus operandi.

Before the game, I had to stomach a big piece on how the Cowboys had finally exorcised their demons – at the hands of the Eagles.

I was once again wondering where Jerry was when, lo and behold, there he was on my screen.

Eventually the owner made his way down to the field. To do exactly what I have no idea.

Then another thought struck me while I was gloating over the Cowboys’
demise.

Is it OK to enjoy the way the Cowboys fell, or wonder just how far away that puts the Eagles from being competitive with the NFL’s elite.

The Cowboys now are right back to the same doubts and questions they had before those two games with the Eagles.

Exactly where that puts the Eagles I am not sure. And I don’t think I want to know.

Comments