Now or never for McNabb, Birds

I have just three words to say about Saturday night’s Eagles-Dallas III rematch. In fact, you just might see them on the front page of tomorrow’s print edition.

Now or never.

It strikes me that Donovan McNabb has reached a fork in the road. It is becoming increasingly clear to the talking heads and experts who have reviewed last week’s game tape that McNabb did not play well, that in fact the Eagles young receivers were routinely open, but that Donovan failed to deliver the ball.

He cannot afford a repeat performance. Neither can the Eagles. Should McNabb not play well, and the Birds lose, I see this all coming down on Donovan’s head.

And I see Kevin Kolb as the Eagles’ starting QB next year.

That might not be fair. But that’s the way I see it.

McNabb has had a very good career. But he’s coming to a fork in the road with the Eagles. He needs to win this game.

Or I think he will be playing in another town next year.

Comments