He's the guy behind Cheers

 Meet Bob Herdelin.


He’s the owner of one of the most notorious bars in the county.


You’ve probably been reading about Cheers, the watering hole across the street from 69th Street Terminal.


There was a fatal shooting in the bathroom a week ago. Then last weekend Upper Darby top cop Mike Chitwood led a bunch of lawmen on a raid of the joint. Turned up some gambling machines and drugs. I’m shocked, just shocked. I’m guessing you could find the same in a whole lot of bars around Delco.


Herdelin thinks he’s on the receiving end of some kind of witch hunt.


I’m not sure I’m buying.


I do know this. He and his bar have been splashed all over the pages of this newspaper several times in recent weeks. So I wanted to hear his side of the story.


He told it go Gil Spencer. And it’s a doozy.


You can read it here.

Comments