The Daily Numbers - Donovan McNabb edition

The Daily Numbers (Donovan McNabb version): 11 seasons with the Eagles, during which he both enthralled and enraged the Birds’ faithful.
92-49-1, Donovan’s record as the Eagles quarterback. Not too shabby.
59 percent completion rate on his career.
216 TD passes during that time.
0 championship parades during the Donovan McNabb era.
5 appearances in the NFC title game, but just 1 win, in 2004. The Eagles were the clear favorite in 3 of those losses.
6 appearances in the Pro Bowl.
112 million dollar contract he signed after a couple of years as the Birds’ signal-caller.

*
Call me a Phanatic: A look at the ups and downs of being a Philadelphia sports fan.So much for opening day. Yes, the Phillies open today in Washington, the new home of Donovan McNabb.
*
I Don’t Get It: I’ve never really gotten Donovan McNabb. I think he was a very good quarterback, but not a great one. And why Andy Reid every tried to jam him into an offense predicated on precision passing, I will never know. Did he watch this guy at all over the years?
*
Today’s Upper: Let’s give Donovan his props. I don’t want to kick him on his way out of town. McNabb very likely was the best quarterback in Eagles history, albeit without the Super Bowl championship most expected at some point in his career.
*
Quote Box: “I’m really excited about my future with the Washington Redskins.”
- Donovan McNabb, after being informed of the deal Sunday night.


Comments