Specter casts his vote in Philly

9:15 a.m.: Democratic Sen. Arlen Specter has arrived at the Alden Park Manor polling place in West School House Lane in Philly to cast his vote. He's accompanied by his wife, Joan.

Specter addressed the media before casting his vote and talked about the wave of anti-incumbency fever gripping nation:

"The path I had was clear cut," Specter said, indicating he would have an easy path to the GOP nomination if he had just voted against the president's stimulus plan. But that's not what he did.

"I voted against the stimulus, I decided not to stay with the Republican caucus," Specter said. That's been my most important vote. I have no regrets."

Specter again took his foe Sestak to task for what he claims is taking a statement out of context in the ad that has gripped the campaign, with Specter indicating he switched parties so he could get re-elected.

"It tis odd that Sestak has taken my statement out of context, about wanting to be re-elected," Specter said. "My job is to get thousands of jobs for Pennsylvanians. I'll stand by it."

He then was asked by President Obama did not come to Pennsylvania personally to campaign for him.

Specter responded the president was all over TV embracing him in ads.

"He (Obama) was in Philly every few minutes on TV stations," Specter said.

Comments