Feeling secure in a storm

I’m asking for the public’s help with this one. And for it I will go back into my personal confessional.

Is there a more comforting experience that being snug in your bed on a warm summer night when a hellacious thunderstorm breaks out?

What is it about that sense of security that feels so good? I have no great fondness for rain. Especially on weekends. And during the day thunder and lightning, while often spectacular, more often than not lead to inconvenience such as power outages. I think we’ve all had more than our fair share of that already this summer.

But when the sun goes down, and darkness descends, and we retire for the evening, there is something almost indescribably comforting about the sense of security your domicile gives you when Mother Nature is unleashing her fury.

Anyone else feel this way? Please tell me it’s not just me. If you love a good overnight thunderstorm, post a comment and tell me why.

Comments