A very special concert souvenir

 It was not exactly “All My Lovin,’” but for Rose Ann Belluso it was something even better.


The 49-year-old Downingtown woman and big fan of the Fab Four took in Sunday night’s Paul McCartney show at the Wells Fargo Center. But she didn’t go alone. She was toting a sign that encouraged the former Beatle to sign her back.


Toward the end of his show, Sir Paul did just that. But Belluso was not satisfied with the Sharpie signature that now adorned her back. That’s when she decided to make it a bit more permanent.


Belluso went to a tattoo parlor in West Chester and had the signature made permanent.


Check out her story here.


I have never been a big proponent of tattoos, even though my son now has two of them adorning his arms.


Maybe it’s because I’m a certain age, but this strikes me as being very cool.


I don’t know which is cooler, the fact that Belluso thought to make the pitch to Paul, or the fact that one of the most famous people in the world actually took her up on it.


Paul was never really my favorite Beatle. I was more of a John Lennon guy. Paul always struck me as a bit of a lightweight. He was the good-looking Beatle, part of the reason behind all those shrieking young girls.


John is long gone, taken in a moment of madness. Recently we also lost George, the “Quiet Beatle” who laid down all those guitar tracks.


Of course, their music will live forever.


No Rose Ann Belluso has one more memory – and a very special souvenir – that will also stand the test of time.


Yesterday? Belluso’s tattoo will be here tomorrow, and the day after that and the day after that.


“All My Loving” indeed, and a permanent reminder of a very special encounter with a member of the Far Four.



Comments