The Vick hates chime in

I kind of expected my piece yesterday saluting Michael Vick was going to spark a strong reaction.

I wasn't disappointed.

I got a clue when the first e-mail I received was directed to the "Michael Vick Butt-Munchers Club."

That kind of set the tone for the day.

One longtime fan asked a legitimate question: "When do all decent moral standards fly out the window when it comes to a football game. There are things I don't give second chances for and they are people who hurt children, animals and the elderly. I don't care if Vick breaks every record in the NFL, he is plain and simple a sumbag."

I make no argument in my revulsion at what Vick did. My stance now is dictated by what he has done since, in particular the way Vick has comported himself the last few weeks. He has answered every question, faced every microphone, done and said all the right things.

One e-mailer went just a tad farther in his distaste for Vick: "Rather than playing football he should be covered with BBQ sauce and made to run 100-yard dashes with every inner-city pitbull on his heels. It should be on pay-per-view with the proceeds going to the SPCA."

I can only imagine their reaction around 6 p.m. last night when the Eagles announced that Michael Vick wold be their starting quarterback.

Just goes to prove that every dog has its day.

Comments