Here comes Cyber Monday

Brace yourself for “Cyber Monday.”

Don’t look for me, though. I didn’t bother to go out there at 4 a.m. on Black Friday to join the mad rush into Wal-Mart, so I suppose I also will sit out today while everyone logs on to the Internet in search of even more holiday deals.

Actually, this whole thing is a bit of an anachronism.

“Cyber Monday” is already a bit of a throwback. It harkens back to the time a few years ago when most people did not have high-speed Internet at home.

They would get to the office on the Monday morning after the Thanksgiving holiday, fire up their office PC, and then do some “shopping” on the company’s dime.

Just about everyone today has high-speed Internet access at home. Alogn with laptops, iPads and smart phones. We are literally drowning in technology.

That won’t stop people from tickling the keyboards from the office today in search of those elusive holiday bargains, regardless of what they are.

Count me out.

I usually don’t start holiday shopping for another couple of weeks. Luckily, my wife does the bulk of our holiday purchases.

That’s a good thing. She actually gets things done. I wait a couple of weeks, throw my hands up, and once again surrender to the shopping gods.

To her it’s an art form. To me it’s drudgery.

Cyber Monday? What does that make tomorrow? Tech Tuesday?

Comments