The McNabb countdown continues

It’s five days and counting until D-Day II - the rematch between the Eagles and our old pal Donovan McNabb.

The Birds were off yesterday, so of course we turned south for our daily Donovan update. And our old friend did not disappoint.

Among the outlandish claims that are being bandied about in the wake of McNabb’s benching by Redskins coach Mike Shanahan is that the QB does not know the ‘Skins playbook. I am not making this stuff up.

Some day I will learn what it is about McNabb that attracts this kind of bizarre sideshow. For now, I am content to sit and watch the circus from my perch a few hundred miles north on I-95.

On his radio show yesterday in the nation’s capital, McNabb termed “hilarious” reports that he was not as familiar with the playbook as he should be, or that he has trouble calling plays in the huddle.

“That is hilarious to me,” McNabb said. “That is really funny to me. For everyone who may not have heard any of this, it’s probably a shock to them.”

McNabb said he’s met with Shanahan and is ready to put the whole thing behind him.

With a national TV spot looming against his old team on Monday night? What do you think the chances of that are?

Buckle your seatbelt, Donovan. It’s likely going to be a bumpy ride.

Comments