No. 6 in line to vote

8 a.m.: I'm back. So is Joe Sestak. He voted right on the dot at 7 a.m. out in Gradyville, according to reporter Kathleen Carey, who will be following him around early in the day. Sestak now is headed to 69th Street Terminal to greet commuters.

For me, I was No. 6 in the line at my polling place. I was actually pleasantly surprised to see people waiting before 7 a.m. to cast their vote in a mid-term election that does not feature a presidential race, even though many believe this election is all about Barack Obama.

Unfortunately, on the ride to work I was reminded of just how ugly this election has turned. There on the median planted among all the candidate signs was one that proclaimed "Obama: Liar and a thief." Sad. It's unfortunately how quickly we lose respect for the office of the president.

Comments