Not exactly a winter wonderland

So, how was your drive home last night?

Let me tell you about mine.

I was expected at a business dinner in Langhorne. I knew I was in trouble when someone walked in the newsroom around 2:30 and said it had started snowing.

The forecast, which as usual changed seemingly every five minutes, was wrong again. The snow did not stay south of the region. Instead it spread across Delco, laying down a slick, powdery sheet of white.

Let the demolition derby begin.

I left beautiful downtown Primos at about quarter of four. A little more than 45 minutes later, I was still trying to get to the Blue Route at Route 1.

I have no idea why, but the first sighting of a dusting of snow sent the entire region into gridlock. Every turn I made all I saw were cars – most of them sitting in place.

There’ no doubt in my mind that some people simply should not be allowed to drive in the snow. Too many people drive either too slow, or too fast. Yes, there is such a thing as driving too slow in the snow, especially when you are going uphill.

Now we get to do it all over again on Sunday, when the forecast is calling once again for a storm that is expected to stay south of us. That means we should get about a foot.

Have I said recently that I hate winter?

Leave a comment on this blog and tell me your driving nightmare from last night, or your winter gripe.

How many days until pitchers and catchers?

Comments

Ant$ said…
my car has awd & abs, yet I was STILL slipping and sliding...maybe i should get some snow tires...
weather said…
weather maps from Global Forecast System

www.theweatherland.com