Another 'Super' Fancast

Another year, another Super Bowl, another rain check for Andy Reid and the Eagles.


Oh, well, there’s always next year. No, seriously, next year is THE year.


Let me explain.


In my new video career here at delcotimes.com, I paid a visit to Sligo in Media yesterday for their great Super Bowl party and our Fancast live-stream broadcast.


Sports writers Anthony SanFilippo, Eagles beat writer Bob Grotz, and featured Jack McCaffery hosted a live-stream Internet broadcast pre-game show and stayed on right through the game.


I stopped by to offer moral support, and also to make a pitch for our new Wednesday night ‘Live From the Newsroom’ weekly featured.


So I went on with the guys and was joking about the fact that once again we are forced to watch another Super Bowl minus the Birds when Jack made a fairly staggering prediction.


Next year is our year. Jack is predicting the Eagles will be in the Super Bowl next year.


And he backed it up with a print column. You can read it here.


I’m not nearly that confident. Everything this team seems to do these days wreaks of tentativeness, the latest being the puzzling hiring of offensive line coach Juan Castillo as the team’s new defensive coordinator.


But that’s what fans do, isn’t it? We second-guess everything the Eagles do. We do it in print. And now we also do it online.


By the way, I am not exempt from such things. If you disagree with me, you can post a comment on this blog.


In my print column today, I talk a bit out last week’s debut edition of ‘Live From the Newsroom’ as well as the very controversial issue of developing the old Franklin Mint site.


You can read my column here.


It’s a new world for journalism out there. And we’re right in the middle of it.


My guess on the Eagles? The same as it is every year. They’ll go 10-6, make the playoffs, leave us disappointed with an early exit. We’ll watch the Super Bowl again without a rooting interest.


Who’s the halftime show next year?



Comments