Catch 'Live From the Newsroom' tonight

Don’t forget to tune in tonight for the debut of ‘Live From the Newsroom,’ our live-stream Internet broadcast round-table discussion.

Tonight we’re going to focus on the proposed development of the Franklin Mint tract along Baltimore Pike in Middletown.

I will be hosting the forum, along with columnist Gil Spencer. We will be joined by Dr. John Laskas, a longtime Middletown activist and former member of township council. Laskas also is the founder of the grass roots group Save Middletown, which is opposing the plan.

I also am hoping to have a special guest. When I first conceived the show I asked the developers if they would have a representative join us. I thought they would jump at the idea since they are always asking to meet with the editorial board.

I was a bit flabbergasted when they declined our invitation. But late yesterday I got word that they might be reconsidering. They aren’t committed yet, but I hope to have someone here to represent their side of the argument.

We’ll be live on delcotimes.com at 7. You will also be able to submit questions for both us and the pro- and anti-development forces.

We hope to have a different guest from the community every Wednesday night.

We’ll bring the talk; the popcorn and drinks are up to you.

See you at 7.

Comments