Ice ain't nice

I suppose at a time like this I should try to be an optimist, but what fun would that be?

I took two steps outside the front door this morning and literally froze in my tracks. That's because I was suddenly auditioning for the Flyers, standing on a sheet of solid ice.

I didn't even try to get to the car. I crawled back onto the front porch and headed back inside, fired up the laptop and went to work on the website from there.

I suppose I will get into the office at some point today, when I am not exactly sure.

My guess is that we'll all be better off using a zamboni than our cars to get to work this morning.

The main roads are supposed to be OK, but how do you get there? Everything else is coated in ice.

We are supposed to be grateful for all this. The huge storm that is devastating the region is only giving us a glancing blow. And instead of more snow we are getting this freezing rain. I'm not sure which is worse.

I only know this: I am tired of winter. I don't like it to begin with. I'm a summer guy.

Just call this the winter of my discontent.

Punxsutawney? I stopped finding the state's prognosticating groundhog fun a long time ago.

Bring on spring.

Comments