A look that's to die for

 


It is, I am told, the “hot” new look.


It is the ample derriere. “Junk in the Trunk.” Booty.


Every time you turn around, Kim Kardashian is flaunting her ample bottom for the cameras.


Jennifer Lopez turned her rear-view into legend.


Women now yearn for that look. Curves are in. At least in some areas, the butt being one of them.


It is, you might say, to die for.


Which is exactly what happened to a young British woman who flew across an ocean in search of pumped-up buttocks.


Police now say she died after complications from some kind of injection into her posterior done at the Hampton Hotel near Philadelphia International Airport.


She was one of a group who of women who flew to the States. One other woman had a procedure. She seems to be fine.


You can read all the details here.


I’m still trying to come to grips with the notion of flying from Britain to the U.S. to have such a procedure done. Not in a clinic, or a doctor’s office, or even a hospital, although that is where this woman wound up. She died at Fitzgerald Mercy Medical Center in Darby.


Police are now looking for the person who performed the procedure.


The British women apparently hooked up with two women offering the service on the Internet.


I don’t have much vanity. I am what I am. I know my limitations when it comes to my appearance. I’m still trying to deal with the notion of what happened here, and the lengths some people will go for “the look.”


Ass-backwards thinking? Yeah, you might say that.



Comments