Yes, it's still February

Very funny, Punxsutawney!

Sure, lull us to sleep with a prediction of an early spring, then offer a 70-degree day to really get our hopes up, then rain all over our parade.

Or I guess I should say snow.

Yes, we have snow this morning. No, it is not the end of the world.

Looks like we got several inches here in Delaware County.

Here's an early morning driving report: Conditions really are not all that bad. Just take your time and you'll be fine. The biggest job you'll probably have this morning is cleaning off your car. I had lots of snow on mine out in the western hinterlands.

* Aces go out to the folks who took care of Route 352 in Middletown. It was in great shape from the Chester County line all the way to the Route 1 Bypass.

* Route 1 was not bad either as I cruised along. There were some patches of snow cover, but at least one lane was clear just about all the time.

* Pretty much the same was in store on Springfield Road as I came down from Route 1 all the way to Clifton Heights. There were a few snow-coverered patches, but for the most part it was just slushy.

* Baltimore Pike was in good shape, and it was there that I saw the weirdest thing on the drive this morning. A plow train was stopped at the light at Oak Avenue, but they continued to dump salt behind them, leaving this small mountains of salt on the road.

* Oak was decent sledding as well.

Keeping tabs on the Great Heron's Nest Snow Prognosticating event, I don't think I'm going to hit my mark. That now makes four snows since I put the offer out there, and our first since Jan. 26. As bad as January was, we pretty much got a pass in February. Of course, we couldn't escape it altogether.

I said we would get 9 snows by the time the first day of spring rolls around on March 20. Please tell me we're not going to hit that mark.

Will this be our last snow event of the year? For some reason I doubt it, but I think the worst of it is behind us.

Now it's just a matter of how many more temptations we'll get in the way of sneak peeks at spring before the real thing arrives.

Comments