All wet

Just keep telling yourself this today: It could be worse. This could all be snow.
Brace yourself, it is going to be wet today. Very wet.
As if we could possibly forget. You can’t turn on a radio or TV (or visit a newspaper website for that matter) without being inundated (pardon the pun) with word that it is wet outside. That is what constitutes for news these days.
You can’t pass a stream or river without running into a fleet of TV news vans.
There is no flooding right now, but you never know about these things.
The truth is we are expecting several inches of rain today, and there is the possibility of small stream and river flooding. The worst of that is likely to be tonight and tomorrow morning.
If you live in one of the usual spots – attention Darby Borough – it might behoove you to keep an eye on the rising water.
Me? All I know is that it is not snow. I’m going to go out on a limb here and say we have seen the last of the snow this winter.
Yes, it means my prediction in the Great Heron’s Nest Snow Prognosticating Event is going down the drain.
I can live with that.
I can even live with a day of rain.
I’m not sure I can live with being told about it non-stop for 24 hours.
Just wait, it’s coming.
As for now, it’s just wet.
Kind of like the forecast.

Comments