March-ing toward spring

I am going to go out on a limb here and say we have survived another winter.

Today is March 1.

Yes, I am aware it is not all the uncommon for us to get hit with fairly big storms in March.

I just don’t think it’s going to happen this year. There’s no science behind this prediction, just a hunch.

Amazingly, even after the warmer temperatures and all that rain, I still have one small patch of snow on my front yard.

That likely won’t survived the week. The five-day forecast carries nary a hint of snow. In fact, they say we might be back in the 60s by the weekend.

A review of the Great Heron’s Nest Snow Prognosticating event shows I am in trouble.

Back in January, when the storms were rolling in at the rate of two a week, I predicted we’d have nine more snows before the first day of Spring on March 20.

Doesn’t look like that is going to happen. In fact, once we made it out of January, February, while cold, didn’t deliver all that much snow.

We had one storm on Feb. 22. There is a vague reference I’ve seen to the Farmer’s Almanac calling for a big storm around March 7. I wouldn’t put the house on it.

Spring arrives in exactly 19 days. Let me be the first to jump the gun.

Winter is over. You heard it here first.

Comments