About that Phillies game

Last night’s Phillies game started at 8:15, which means I was sitting on pins and needles all night.


Not because the Phils’ offense continued its funk, instead I spent most of the night worriedly glancing at my watch. I'm doing that a lot at night these days.


Here's why.


With the Phils’ bats in a coma, things were going swimmingly – at least for my personal deadline demons – right up until the top of the eighth. That’s when the Phils, with a lot of help form the Cardinals’ pitchers, scored nine runs to turn a 2-1 deficit into a 10-2 rout.


And in the process they blew right through our new earlier deadlines.


The game lasted 3 hours and 12 minutes, putting the last out at 11:27 p.m., just out of reach of our deadline.


That’s why you will find no game story and no boxscore in the print edition of today’s Daily Times.


We do have our normal full coverage online.


You can read Ryan Lawrence’s game story from St. Louis here.


 

Comments