Attention Questers, about that Tuesday speaking engagement

I have a bit of an odd problem, and I am hoping the readers of the blog (yes, both of you) can help me out.

Here’s my dilemma, and I admit to a bit of embarrassment about this.

I very often agree to speak to groups. I am booked to do so again on Tuesday. I agreed to speak to another group of Questers, the women's groups who deal with historic preservation. I have spoken to several of them in the past couple of years. they are always interested in the newspaper and its role in the community, especially in terms of how we chronicle the history of the region.

Unfortunately, I will not be able to make this one. But here’s the twist. While I have the date logged on my calendar, I do not know which Questers group is involved. And I don’t have any contact information for the group to let them know I will not be able to make it.

All I have noted on my calendar is that I am supposed to speak to a Questers group at 11 a.m. Tuesday. Usually when I agree to speak to a group, I ask them to do two things. One would be to send me a letter or email with the information on their group, when and where I am supposed to meet with them. Then I ask them to call me a few days before the date to remind me.

Here’s the really bad part. I actually did get a call from a very nice woman who reminded me of the date a week or so ago. But I didn’t know then that, one, I did not have any contact info for the group, and two, that I would have some corporate training be set for the date that I need to attend.

Even if I could make the date, I don't know which group I am speaking to or where the meeting will be held.

So if you’re a Questers group that is expecting me to speak to your group on Tuesday, please give me a call or email today. I feel terrible about this because I always enjoy talking to local groups about the newspaper and the website. I promise I’ll make it up and speak at another meeting. I just can’t make it on Tuesday. And I have no way of contacting you.

You can reach me in the office at 610-622-8818, or email me at editor@delcotimes.com. Again I apologize for any inconvenience this causes your group.

Comments