The dreaded Saturday Eagles pick

It’s desperation time.

I am an embarrassing 0-5 picking Eagles games so far this year. The Birds aren’t much better, an anemic 1-4.

This team has a ton of problems. But now they seem to have something else. Anger.

It took them awhile, but the Eagles seem to have put the wagons in a circle this week. Jeremy Maclin went off on a reporter in the locker room. Andy Reid tried to walk out of a press conference. A couple of offensive linemen “urged” some fans across the street from the Nova Care Center to take down their anti-Andy Reid sign.

Maybe they can channel all that anger toward the Redskins Sunday in D.C. A win on Sunday and the Eagles just might be able to right this foundering ship. A loss, dropping them to 1-5, and it’s look out below. Someone would have to be tossed overboard during the bye week, most likely nascent offensive coordinator Juan Castillo.

The one thing the Eagles really did not need is a new crop of injury problems. But that’s what they got, with King Dunlap now very questionable for Sunday’s game. Another offensive line shuffle will not make Sunday’s task any easier. Michael Vick likely will be running for his life again. It would be too simple to just give the damn ball to LeSean McCoy and let him strut his stuff, but then Andy Reid couldn’t be seen as so much smarter than everyone else. So far Reid has “thought” the Eagles into a 1-4 record.

The Eagles picked the right year to get off to a 1-4 start. The NFC East is lousy. I’m not even a little bit sold on the Redskins.

I have nothing to lose at this point, so I’m going to go out on a limb here. Not only will the Eagles win on Sunday, but they will rally to win the division.

You heard it here first.

Make it Eagles 27, Redskins 19.

Last Week: Another embarrassing, gift-wrapped loss. Bills 31, Eagles 24. There was Juqua Parker jumping offsides when everyone (but him apparently) knew the Bills were going to try to lure them offsides. A lot more turnovers. All of these things need to be cleaned up.

Season Record: This is getting embarrassing. Pretty soon people are going to think I don’t know what I’m talking about. Never mind. Just like the Birds, I’m planning a huge rally. Yes, I have missed every game so far. That makes me 0-5. If I was in Vegas, I’d be wearing a barrel. But I’ve got my rally cap on, and it starts today. The Eagles get a win in D.C. And I say they win the division. Go ahead, mock me. You wouldn’t be the first. The Eagles aren’t much better at 1-4. Several teams have still made the playoffs after a 1-4 start. Since 1990, 0 have after starting 1-5. It’s not or never. For them and me.

Comments