Not in the Cards for Phils

Yes, we now have to suffer through the indignity of watching the team that beat the Phils compete for a World Series title.


That’s because the St. Louis Cardinals eliminated the Milwaukee Brewers last night and will kick off the Fall Classic Wednesday night vs. the Texas Rangers.


I grudgingly have to admit that I secretly admire Tony LaRussa. He is an exceptional manager. And I suppose I will have to grit my teeth and hope the Cards uphold the honor of the National League.


But I continue to lament that fact that the Phillies are not still playing. And to think that if they had lost just one of those last three regulars season games in Atlanta, the Cardinals might be the ones sitting home right now, having missed the playoffs.


But I have one thing that buoys me. I know someone who took it harder than I did. He is a bit new to this baseball zealotry. But he shares his father’s passion. As well as his grandfather’s, a man he never met.


I explain it in my print column.

Comments