This Grinch will be rooting against Eagles

It pains me to say this, but in the spirit of Christmas, Eagles fans (or at least their families) might want to wish for a Birds' loss this Sunday, thus officially putting them out of their misery.

Die-hard fans like me are still clinging to the far-fetched idea that the Eagles can make the playoffs.

To do that they must win their final three games, then hope that both the Giants and Cowboys basically choke, each losing at least two of their last three.

This week the Eagles are at home and have a sizable task with the Jets, who are in the midst of trying to secure an AFC Wild Card spot themselves.

If the Eagles lose, their season is over. Which might not be all that bad a thing.

Because if they win and extend this messy affair another week, there will be a lot of Christmas plans thrown into havoc.

That is because the Eagles have a Christmas Eve date in Dallas. The 4:15 start could wreck a lot of family traditions. Then again, I suppose a lot of family traditions could include gathering the clan and cheering on the Birds over the hated Cowboys.

And what better Christmas gift can an Eagles fan ask for then another classic El Foldo by the guys with the stars on their helmets.

For me, I think I’ve had plenty of disappointment from this Eagles team already.

I’m ready to move on, and I don’t need the Eagles raining on my Christmas parade.

Call me a Grinch. I’ll be rooting for the Birds to fall on their sword this weekend.

Comments