What's next for Penn State?

Now comes the hard part.
Joe Paterno has been properly Lion-ized.
We still have to deal with Jerry Sandusky, the man who brought such pain and anguish to Happy Valley.
And also the two Penn State executives who were charged with lying to a grand jury.
The more I think about it, the more I wonder about the move to sack Paterno. But part of me will always wonder why he did not do more. And yes, I am of those who believe that very little happened in State College, Pa., that did not come under Paterno’s scrutiny.
For Sandusky, I have no doubts.
One or two kids might be able to get together and make up such a story. But this number? I don’t think so.
Here’s a prediction. Sandusky never sees a courtroom. He cuts a deal and spends the rest of his life in jail.
Not so for Tim Curley and Gary Schultz. I say they both go to trial – and both are acquitted.
The state has a big problem with the crucial testimony of Mike McQueary. He appears to have told the grand jury one thing, but something else to his father, and a friend of the family who was in the room at the time and who will testify that McQueary never gave them the detail he gave the grand jury.
In the meantime, Penn State will remain in the headlines for a long time.
Joe Paterno is gone. This story is not.
And it will not be pretty.
Child sexual abuse never is.

Comments