All Whitney all the time

Of the many things I did not need to know today, I suppose right up there near the top would be photos of the tub where Whitney Houston’s body was found.

But that is what one website is delivering today. Look, I’m in this business, too. I know what drives a lot of it. And I know that for the next week we are going to hear more about Whitney Houston than I ever wanted to know.

As I indicated yesterday, I don’t need to know all the tawdry details surrounding Whitney Houston’s death. All I need to know is that she is gone.

And that incredible voice has fallen silent.

Actually, it appears as if the voice has been gone for awhile now.

If that’s the case, I don’t need to know that either.

I don’t look at Whitney Houston as anything other than a fabulous entertainer. I didn't look at her as a role model, much the same as I try not to do that with athletes or other high-profile celebrities.

If you are intrigued about her descent from the top of the entertainment world, to the clutches of drug abuse and finally her death in a Lost Angeles hotel room bath tub, be my guest.

You’ll be fed a steady diet of if all week.

This newspaper will continue to cover Whitney updates, along with plans for her funeral.

Me? I’ll just remember her voice.

Comments