Ready for Lent

I’ve never been a big Fat Tuesday guy.
So spare me the Fasnachts, donuts or anything else. I’m not much for the whole over-indulgence before donning out sack cloth for Lent thing.
In fact, over the past couple of years, I have changed my views on Lent a bit.
Now, instead of giving something up, I try to do something that I wouldn't normally do.
Still, old habits are hard to break. It’s either that or guilt from years of having the Baltimore Catechism drilled into me. (You remember. Who made me? God made me! Yeah, that’s the one).
So once again this year in addition to doing various and sundry good deeds, I will once again attempt to go 40 days without a beer. Go ahead, call me crazy. My wife usually does.
This year I’m uppping the ante. Starting tomorrow I will swear off something else.
Swearing.
Honest.
No comments from the peanut gallery out in the newsroom if you please.
You see, it has come to my attention that I have quite the reputation around the building here in beautiful downtown Primos for my – uh, how should I describe it, “colorful” vocabulary.
Hey, I work with computers about 15 hours a day. And I’m expected not to curse?
At least not for the next 40 days.
I keep reminding myself that Easter Sunday this year coincides with the final day of the Masters, my favorite golf tournament. An oasis in the desert. Maybe I’ll celebrate with a cold beer and a rant if my man Tiger is not in the lead.
In the interim …. #@#$$%^&&*%$#$#$^%^^!@#$%^!!!!!!!!
OK, bring on Lent!

Comments

DB said…
Funny!!! Try giving up chocolates.