I'm Baaack!

The Heron is back in the nest. I know you’ve all missed me terribly and noticed that I have not updated my blog in a few days.

The truth is something happened to me that I can't remember the last time I was so afflicted. I got sick. Real sick.

I am saving all the gory details for my Monday column, but let me just suggest that my longtime personal health care policy, that being “I Don’t Want to Know,” finally caught up with me.

A minor matter that I had desperately been trying to ignore for weeks morphed into something much more serious. I have only myself to blame.

This morning I need to offer my thanks first to my wife, who stood on her head taking care of me all week. I also need to thank staffers Rose Quinn and Gil Spencer, who stood in for me at two events I was supposed to attend Tuesday and Wednesday nights.

I still plan to attend tonight’s big Partners in Education dinner at the Drexelbrook at which we honor this year's All-Delco Hi-Q team members and the winners of the Excellence in Teaching Awards. It’s one of the best nights of the year.

So, I’m back. Let’s get on with it ….

Comments

Anonymous said…
Glad you feel better. Welcome back!