Join us in a Primary Day conversation

What if they gave a Primary Election and nobody came? We just might find out today. Oh, you can be sure the die-hards will be out there. I would guess turnout will be about 15 percent. Dismal, I know. If you’re looking for lines, you might be better off at Wawa. There’s not much to push people to the polls today. Here in Delaware County, if you’re Republican and live in the 9th District, you can cast your ballot for either incumbent state Sen. Dominic Pileggi or challenger Roger Howard, who is from the Chester County portion of the district. Here’s a bet for you: Over or under on the number of votes Howard gets in Delco. I’ll put the line at 100. I’ll take the under. Republicans also will select from five candidates vying for the party’s nomination to run against U.S. Sen. Bob Casey. On the Democratic side, about the best they can come up with is the race between former Congressman Patrick Murphy and Kathleen Kane for the attorney general nomination. That’s about it, folks. Most of the attention today will actually be focused on what happens before people vote. The state’s new Voter ID law is now in effect. And it will be instituted today, sort of. Poll workers will ask you for an ID. However, if you don’t have one with you, you’ll still be allowed to vote. That won’t be the case come the November general election. That’s one of the things we’ll be focusing on as we cover the vote. You can join us in this procedure. We’ll be on Twitter all day using the hashtag #delcovotes. Get engaged. Join the conversation. Tell us what you see. And if you were asked for a photo ID. Maybe more importantly if you were not. Let us know how many have cast their ballots when you get to the polls. It’s called democracy. We’ll be chatting and ‘tweeting’ about it all day. Why not join us?

Comments

Rus said…
Just voted in ward 2 precinct 2 of Marple twp as the 62nd of the day. Those poor people must be bored silly. It was a little after 3:00.
I offered my ID and the person didn't realize what I was doing. After I signed in she asked me for my ID which I presented a second time.