National Unplugged Day? Who's in?


 


I might be on to something.


In my Monday print column, I lamented how I came to be ‘unplugged’ by my home Internet provider, Verizon.


I had written several times about the effect of being ‘plugged-in’ 24 hours a day was having on so many of us.


Being suddenly ‘unplugged’ came as something of a jolt.


Apparently I’m not the only one who has been thinking about it, however.


I got a lot of response to that column. Here’s the outcome. I’m no longer a Verizon customer. I dumped them and went with Comcast.


But I discovered something else as well. A lot of people are considering weaning themselves off this technology we have come to depend on.


One reader actually tweeted that I start a National Unplugged Day. I think it has some merit.


So what do you say, folks? Retweet this blog item if you’re in favor of taking a National Unplugged Day.


All you have to lose is the Internet. But at least it will be your choice, and not forced on you by your provider.

Comments

D. McNamara said…
I am all for this!! People need to RELEARN how to talk facubuuoe to face all over again.